Living Legacies has two parallel and interwoven missions:
- The ecological mission of preserving our unique natural ecosystems and reducing climate change through the conservation of our native forests and the deliberate reafforestation of NZ.
- The social mission of increasing people’s appreciation of their own lives and those of every other living thing on the planet by developing an awareness of each other, our local and global communities, and our individual and collective responsibility to care for this precious Earth.
Towards these goals, our immediate objectives are:
- To provide a personal and environmentally responsible family-directed funeral support service that meets the needs of the living, the dying, and the Earth.
- To help people prepare for their inevitable departure and to facilitate the healing of those left behind.
- To create a culture of life celebration.